Sunday 19 June 2011

Region 21 Golf – 27th May 2011

My first outing of golf for almost a year and didn’t it show. An event jointly organised by Ray Jones (the National Councillor for Region 21) and Andy “Hollis” Holyoake (Chippenham 41 Club) took us to the Cumberwell Park Golf Course hear Chippenham, where everyone enjoyed an excellent afternoon of golf (with the course in superb condition) and excellent fun and fellowship in the bar afterwards.

 Despite my efforts to bring my team down to my level, together with “Hollis” (a member of my National Executive when I was Round Table President) and David Fife (Clevedon 41 Club) we managed to come second. Congratulations must go to Chippenham 41 Club who won the event and will go on to represent the Region in the National Golf Finals in September. I just hope my golf improves by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment